Fire Metro

Fire incident averted at Magodo residence

In a swift response to an emergency call, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) successfully managed a fire outbreak at a residential duplex in the serene Magodo Phase II area. The incident, which occurred early Friday morning at No. 16 Alhaji Jubril Street, saw the LASEMA team promptly arrive at the scene following distress calls to the state’s emergency numbers.

The fire began around 7:05 a.m. and originated from an electrical fault within an air conditioning unit and rapidly spread through the five-room main duplex. The blaze then extended to the adjoining section of the duplex, comprising three bedrooms and a living room. Despite the rapid escalation, the LASEMA team, alongside the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, efficiently contained the fire, preventing it from spreading to nearby structures.

Dr. Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, the Permanent Secretary of LASEMA, confirmed that all occupants were safely evacuated without any injuries or fatalities. The fire caused considerable damage to the property, affecting the roofing and interior spaces. However, the timely intervention of the emergency response team allowed for the salvage of furniture and personal effects.

The combined efforts of LASEMA and the fire service ensured the complete extinguishment of the fire. During the dampening operations, a firefighter sustained a minor injury after falling from the ceiling but was immediately attended to by the Lagos State Ambulance Service.


The operation concluded with no further incidents, showcasing the effectiveness of Lagos State’s emergency services in protecting its citizens and their properties. The incident serves as a reminder of the importance of electrical safety and the value of prompt emergency response.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.